About the Center:
Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) at FORE School of Management was launched with a Seminar on ‘Charms of being an Entrepreneur in the Challenging Times’ February 26, 2010. Mr. N. K. Maini (Executive Director of SIDBI) was the Chief Guest and Mr. H.K. Mittal (Director, DST) was the keynote speaker.
The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED), FORE aims to promote Entrepreneurship amongst the management students by creating a conducive ecosystem for the students to develop their creative ideas into brilliant business plans such that they are motivated to come up with their own Start-ups.
Research Themes & Goals of the Center:
The Centre carries out a calendar full of activities related to entrepreneurship round the year. Besides awareness camps and competitions, workshops like Idea Generation to Opportunity Evaluation and Business Model & Plan are conducted along with seminars on funding to make the management students aware and capable of developing a Business Plan. These activities for the students foster creativity & innovation and help them to develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
Professor-in-charge: Prof. Anita Tripathy Lal
Members: Prof. Prachi Bhatt; Prof. Sumeet Kaur and Prof. Anil Kumar
1. Half day CED Seminar- ‘Entrepreneurial Journey of Successful Entrepreneurs’( Last week of August 2015)
2. Two days Entrepreneurship Workshop-‘Developing Business Plan’. In this workshop the modules would be on Idea Generation + Opportunity Evaluation + Business Model + Business Plan ( 3rd week of October, 2015)
3. Business Plan Competition (1st week of November, 2015)
4. Half day CED Seminar –‘Seed funding for Start-Ups’ ( 3rd Week of January 2015)
Updates/ Events held:
1. Half day Seminar- “The Start Up Story” conducted on June 28, 2013.
2. Half day workshop on “Entrepreneurship and Ideation” conducted on October 07, 2013.
3. CONCOCT - Inter Institute Business plan Competition conducted on November 22, 2013.
4. BACZAAR- Who will be the king of the market conducted during November 22-23, 2013.
5. KREATE- Idea Generation Competition was conducted on Feb 27, 2014.
6. Half day workshop on Opportunity Evaluation was conducted on March 03, 2014.
7. Half day workshop on Business Model + How to write a B-Plan was conducted on March 04, 2014.
8. Special session on Entrepreneurship by ‘JOSH TALKS’ was conducted on March 12, 2014.
9. Business Plan Competition (Dream Merchants) was conducted on March 12, 2014.
10. Half day seminar on Seed funding conducted on March 14, 2014.