The FSM Library is the backbone of academic and research activities at FORE School of Management. It is designed to meet the information needs of the FSM fraternity, i.e., students, faculty and staff members. To support high quality teaching, learning and research, library has full text access to over thousands of international journals and online databases of repute. The library is well equipped with latest IT tools and equipments to collect, store, retrieve, and disseminate information. A number of computer systems are installed to access the library resources and services. All major functions of the library are computerized by using a leading, web-enabled, multiuser, integrated library management software, which creates a fully computerized library environment. It provides single-window search facility to access the information resources available in library. The users may access their library account and search the OPAC (library catalogue) at their desktop.
Library at a Glance
- The institute has state-of the art-library, fully computerized and centrally air-conditioned which creates an aesthetical and congenial environment for serious minds. The library has seating capacity for more than 100 users and has a separate section dedicated for multimedia.
- The library has a collection over 24000 volumes comprises books, back volumes of journals, reports, govt. publications, video cassettes and CR-ROMs on management and related areas.
- Subscription of approximately 108 print Journals, periodicals, magazines and 14 leading national and 1 international newspapers to update the users with latest happenings around the globe.
- Subscription to the various digital information databases to promote the research activities in the institute, i.e. Proquest-ABI/INFORM Complete, EBSCO-Business Source, Sage online journals, Prowess (CMIE), Capitaline, Indiastat.com, Newspaper Pressdisplay, DELNET and Ephorus.
- To promote resource sharing culture with other similar libraries, the institute subscribes the institutional membership of British Council Library, American Center Library and National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR) Library.
- The library has signed an agreement with Harvard Business School Publishing for procurement of cases and simulations for making class room lively. The faculty members have been extended the complete access to cases and simulations available with HBSP free of cost.
- Library is facilitating networked environment, connectivity through internet, Wi-Fi, and campus wide intranet.