CED FORE Activities over the last 12 years
CED FORE has completed 12 years and has carried out numerous activities for participants within FORE and outside the FORE Ecosystem and they are as follows:
Activities Within FORE:
- Engaged and sensitized over 2000 students in over 100 student centric Entrepreneurship Activities (seminars/ workshops/ competitions) for students within FORE and about 12 activities for students outside FORE
- Over 10 student Teams won at Various Business Plan Competitions in many Institutes - IIT Mumbai, IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Roorkee, IMT Gaziabad, Symbiosis etc.
- Over 100 eminent speakers have been invited like Mr. Sanjeev Bikhchandani, Mr. Pradeep Gupta, Dr, Saurabh Srivastava, Mr, Mohit Agarwal, Mr. Ashish Kapoor, Mr. Shashank ND, ms. Lakshmi Venkatesh, Ms. Shivani Pasrich, Mr. N K Maini, Mr. H. K Mittal, Mr. Chandermohan, Dr. Anita Gupta, Dr. Anil Wali, Mr. Sunil Kalra and many more.
- Recognized and engaged about 30 successful FOREpreneurs (FORE Alumni Entrepreneurs) deliver their success stories and mentor the young Management Students. Some of the prominent FOREpreneurs are Mr. Sandeep Sabharwal, (Founder,Sohan Lal Commodity Management Pvt. Ltd); Mr. Pramit Jaganathan (Creative Inc.); Mr. Sanjeev Malhotra (Managing Partner, Prosight Partner); Ms. Haneet Vohra (FOREpreneur- Founder, KSB Designs); Mr Manuu Mansheet ( Director of Mansheet Designs Pvt Ltd), Mr. Nikhil Nanda (Svendgaard Labs); Mr. Siddharth Oswal (NLP Captcha); Ms. AnuPasicha( Silver Star); Mr. Sanjay Sarma (Design Worldwide); Mr. Sanjeev Bajaj ( Bajaj Capital) and many more.
Activities by the Center Head Prof. In-Charge Prof. Anita Tripathy Lal inside and outside FORE:
- Recipient of the prestigious Mentor Certification with Honours from London Business School, organized by National Entrepreneurship Network.
- Delivered over 30 Lectures in MDI, IIFT, IIT Delhi, TiE, NEN and other Forums.
- Mentored the E-Cell committees and judged B-Plan competitions in IIT Kanpur, Amity University, IIT Delhi, FMS, Apeejay, IIIT Delhi and JC Bose University and many more./ -
- Conducted about 15 FDPs, MDPs and Customized Training Programs for CSR, Power Grid, GAIL, EIL and Collabera etc.
- Engaged with 20+ Alumni Start-ups and one In-campus Companies.
- Mentored over Students100 Entrepreneurs, Alumni and Start-ups.
- Invited by NEN to be a Start-up Advisor for Student Led Start-ups and Entrepreneurs by NEN programs
- Contributed by Connecting Start-ups for Live Projects, Summer Internships and Final Placements.
- Built the CED-FORE Brand across reputed Institutes by Presenting papers in various International Conferences.
CED Activities Calendar for Students:
- Generally, the first activity of the Center is a half day seminar on entrepreneurial journey of successful entrepreneurs, which is organized for the 1st year MBA students in August/ September. This seminar is primarily an awareness building exercise and also helps the students to appreciate the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- The next CED activity for the year is the four half-day workshops on ‘Idea Generation’; ‘Opportunity Evaluation’; ‘Business Model’ and ‘Business Plan’. These series of workshops are held in the 2nd week of October to help the students to generate ideas to solve problems and details of developing a Business Plan along with Elevator Pitch is outlined. Post the workshops student submit a B Plan in a group of 6.
- Following the workshops, the Intra Institute Business Plan is organized in the last week of October or 1st week of November where the 10 best B-Plans are shortlisted and presented in front of an external jury. The winners of the In- house B-Plan competition are allowed to participate in the ‘Inter College B-Plan Competition’ featuring in the ‘Inter College Management Fest–Genesis’ which is generally conducted during mid November. Besides this they also represent their college in various other competitions being organized Pan India.
- During the Inter College Business Plan competition the Center receives around 100 B-Plans from the various Institutes across the country. 10 Best B-Plans are shortlisted to present their plans to an external jury. At the end the winners are awarded cash prizes.
- Post the Management fest, a half day seminar on ‘Venture capital funding’ is organized, for the students. In this event the students get first hand information about the different types of funding available for start-ups from the investors themselves. This exercise is conducted in the end of November which further gives the students another real time opportunity to make their plans implementable.
- Besides these activities, various special lecture series by eminent entrepreneurs, investors are organized regularly to inspire the students to develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
Faculty Development Programs (FDP) & Management Development Program (MDP):
- Every year the Center floats a two day FDP on Entrepreneurship Development is conducted in June/July generally, where various B- School faculty members register to attend the FDP.
- The Center also conducts open and customized MDPs for the corporate every year. The in-house MDP is conducted in July/August generally. Whereas, many customized MDPs have been conducted for the employees of various companies like EIL, Collabera, Power Grid, Gail India.
Mentoring & Coaching:
Being a certified mentor, Dr. Anita T. Lal has mentored lots of student start-ups over the years at FORE and at other Institutes. She has also been mentoring many Alumni of FORE. She has been felicitated by TiE Delhi for mentoring the TiE Young Entrepreneurs (in 2015). At the same time, she has coached many students in preparing their Business Plans and how to present their Elevator Pitch to the Investors. Being a certified mentor she has been successfully mentoring entrepreneurs. Over the years, she has mentored more than a hundred Start-ups. Her passion though remains ‘Student Start-ups’.