The importance of a PGDM course is undeniable. The management course these days reigns supremely and is the most sought-after program among graduate students. However, the only question the candidates generally face is which institute to choose.
Well, there are no universal rules which can help you choose the best PGDM College in India. However, the following are some key points that you should consider while taking PGDM admission:
- Ensure that the PGDM College has accreditation by the AICTE and Government of India. An educational qualification from an institute unrecognised by AICTE organisation is unrecognised.
- The institute should be equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure. The classroom should be well-equipped with the required equipment, a library well-stocked with books, canteen, etc.
- A candidate enrols in an institute to get a good education. Therefore, faculty is one of the main points to consider. The faculty should be well-educated and experienced to impart the best education. The faculty should be completely committed and dedicated. So, you can take feedback from candidates who have passed out from the institute.
- A curriculum and syllabus at par with international standards is a crucial consideration. You are recommended to shortlist the colleges or institutes which have a global outlook and curriculum. An internationally accepted curriculum will provide wider and international industry acceptance.
- The success of a PGDM college depends on the internship programme offered to students. Internship with big industries and companies helps students gain hands-on exposure to the actual industry work. It helps the candidates to prepare themselves for the corporate world.
- The ultimate goal of every institute should be to get the students placed in reputed organisations. You need to get a careful analysis of the past placement record of the institute, quality of the education it imparts, and the standards of the passed out students.
- Just education and work and no play makes student life boring and dull. A right PGDM college should have a mix of extra-curricular activities as well for the overall development of the students. Conferences, seminars, workshops, discussions, debates, industry interactions, etc. keep the students interested as well as motivated.
In the end, you are suggested to ensure that you follow the following seven pre-requisites to choose the best college for the PGDM program. Additionally, you should also meet the PGDM eligibility, i.e. to at least have 50% marks in graduation to get admission in the best PGDM institute.