Center for Sustainable Development
About the Center:
Center for Sustainable Development (CSD) was founded in the year 2012 with a vision to shape the innovative solutions to address the challenges of Sustainable Development to business and society. CSD lead and partner with national and international organizations to document, research, build capacity and penetrate knowledge having impact on social, economic and environment aspects of business, society and public policy.
CSD work with corporates, think tanks, chambers of commerce & industry, government and non-government organizations to undertake research, training, round-table conferences, creating knowledge product as well as undertaking baseline and impact assessment studies in the area of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development in a holistic manner. CSD actively promote and enhance public awareness about the various aspects of sustainable development and social responsibility not only among their student community but also through the sharing platforms with other stakeholders.
CSD has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) under the aegis of The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India, European Institute for Asian Studies (EIAS)- Luxembourg, National CSR Network and Shaktishi for collaborative research, publication, training and exchange of resources for research projects in the areas of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainable Development.
- Waste Management Practices
- Corporate Social Performance Measurement
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Urban Farming: Business opportunities with Sustainable Development
- Sustainability Reporting Practices
- Digital India
- Health Care
- International Migration
Goals of the Center:
The Center intended to do the following deliberations in the area of CSR and Sustainable Development:
- To undertake training programmes jointly with industry, NGO’s and International organizations.
- To undertake the Advocacy and Consultancy services for baseline study, impact assessment, report writing etc.
- To organize the Round Table Conferences (CSR gap analysis), Seminars and Panel discussions from time to time.
- Development of knowledge product jointly with industry, NGO’s, Chamber of commerce and consultancy organizations.
- “Sustainovation 1.0: A Social Enterprise Business Plan Competition” which was organized by CSD in collaboration with by PDS International Private Limited (sponsor) on the theme “Curtailing Air Pollution in India” on August 29, 2018 at FORE campus. Mr. Manu Chopra (Director, PDS International Pvt. Ltd.), Prof. (Dr.) R.K. Wadhwa (Director, Global Business Consultants, Ex-professor, IIFT, New Delhi) and Mr. Sanjeev Goyal, Pr Director, CAG of India judged the event.
- Under CSD, FORE International Sustainable Development Conference (FISDC) 2018 in collaboration with International Association for Business and Society (IABS) was organized in the FORE campus from January 11-13, 2018.
- FORE was the Academic Partner in the Training & Sensitization Programme of Educationists & Students to Promote “Ageing with Dignity Through Intergenerational Bonding” in collaboration with Anugraha and United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan at UN Conference hall, New Delhi.
- The CSD under the Village Adoption Initiative organized a Health Camp on February 11, 2017 at Kakrola village, Manesar. This was organized by FORE School of Management, New Delhi in association with Rockland Hospital, Manesar, with the kind cooperation & support of Mr. Faqir Chand (Village Sarpanch) and Panchayat members at their Chaupal.
- An Expert talk by Dr. Anirudh Garg, Chief Promoter, Institute of Urban Farming & Sustainability, Moradabad has been organized for first year students of FMG and IMG on “Urban Farming: Business opportunities with Sustainable Development” on November 15, 2016 at FORE campus.
- FORE was the Academic Partner in the symposium, “Towards an Age Inclusive Society: Advancing Sustainable Goals (3&11)” organized by Anugraha, marking an observance of “World Elder Abuse Awareness Day” in collaboration with United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) and Global Compact Network India held on June 15, 2016 at the UN Conference hall, New Delhi.
- Expert talk organized for students of FORE on January 14, 2016 on the lines of “Recent initiatives by Government of India in promoting development of Renewable Energy and our mission Clean India Green India”. Mr. Saurabh Rastogi -Additional General Manager, Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) of India was the Expert who appraised the students regarding the recent initiatives of the Indian government.
- Published an Edited book “Business Sustainability: Challenges and Issues” edited by Jitendra K Das, Subhasis Bera, Shallini Taneja, Reeta Raina, Bloomsbury, January, 2015.
- Panel Discussion on Energy Sustainability held on August 25, 2014 at FORE campus.
- International Conference on “Business Sustainability: Challenges and Issue” held on November 28-30, 2012 at PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, New Delhi.
Center Head: Prof. Shallini Taneja