The FSM Library is the backbone of academic and research activities at the FORE School of Management. It is designed to meet the information needs of the FSM fraternity, i.e., students, faculty and staff members. To support high-quality teaching, learning, and research, the library has full-text access to over thousands of international journals and online databases of repute. The library is well equipped with the latest IT tools and equipment to collect, store, retrieve, and disseminate information. Several computer systems are installed to access library resources and services. All major functions of the library are computerized by using a leading, web-enabled, multi-user, integrated library management software, which creates a fully computerized library environment. It provides a single-window search facility to access the information resources available in the library. The users may access their library account and search the OPAC (library catalogue) at their desktop.
Library at a Glance
The Institute has state-of-the art-library, fully computerized and centrally air-conditioned which creates an aesthetical and congenial environment for serious minds. The library has the seating capacity for over 100 readers and has a separate section dedicated for multimedia and digital resources.
- The library has a collection of over 43136 volumes comprises books, back volumes of journals, reports, Govt. publications, and CR-ROMs on management and related areas.
- Subscription of approximately 108 print Journals, periodicals, magazines, and 16 leading national newspapers to update the users with the latest happenings around the globe.
- Subscription to the various digital information databases to promote the research activities in the institute, i.e., EIKON from Refinitiv (Thomson Reuters), Passport from Euromonitor International, Capitaline AWS, ABI/INFORM Proquest Complete, EBSCO-Business Source Elite, eBooks from EBSCO Business & Management collection, and Sage online journals.
- Subscription to Urkund: a similar content identifier or anti-plagiarism online system.
- To ensure the quality of the research, a software named NVivo has been procured on a perpetual basis.
- To promote resource sharing culture with other similar libraries, the institute subscribes the institutional membership of DELNET, American Center Library, and National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR) / National Science Library.
- To strengthen the relationship with other professional libraries; FSM library has subscribed institutional membership of Management Libraries Network (MANLIBNET).
- The library has signed an agreement with ‘The Case Center’ for procurement of cases and simulations for making the classroom lively. The faculty members have been extended the complete access to cases and simulations available free of cost. Apart from that, the library has been procuring the cases from Harvard Business School Publishing, Ivey Publishing, IIM Ahmadabad & Bangalore, ISB Hyderabad, and Emerald Group, etc.
- The library is facilitating a networked environment, connectivity through internet, Wi-Fi, and campus-wide intranet for smooth access to library resources.