Center for Customer Management and Analytics
About the Center:
One of the biggest challenges the companies around the World face today are retaining existing customers and at the same time converting customers that are on the fringe. Both retention and conversion customers requires a multidimensional approach: streamlining existing internal and supplier facing processes that impact cost and quality of products and services; creating and developing an environment for constant innovation in products and services either to fill an existing gap or creating an altogether new want. Coupled with all these is the march of technology that is moving delivery of goods and services from real world to virtual world. Among all these web of transformations, slowly but surely, analytics is coming to occupy center stage.
Analytics is, however, a multidisciplinary discipline. It lies at the cross-section of machine learning, information technology, quantitative and statistical techniques and domain knowledge. Center for Customer Management and Analytics strives to bring to fore-front an integrated approach touching these disciplines and promote both education and consultancy in the area of better customer management by applying analytics with the larger objective of bringing overall benefit to society.
Research Themes & Goals of the Center:
- To provide consultancy in Big Data and Data Analytics both on technology side as also on Analytics side. To organize short term and long term courses in Big Data and Data Analytics.
- To promote research in applications of Big Data in Customer Management.
- As Big Data modeling has applications in many areas, the Center will be approaching Public Sector and Departments of Government for short courses for senior officers in the Government.
- Center for Customer Management and Analytics has been concentrating on Education in the field of Big Data, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. It has executed a Memorandum of Understanding with University of California, Riverside, USA, for jointly delivering high quality Executive Management Programs on Big Data and Data Analytics. In pursuance of this MOU, it has carried out six long-duration programs. Last three programs have been online. The current online programs are of six-months duration. At the end of the program a Joint Certificate is issued by UCR and FORE School. Enrollment in each one of these programs has been sizable and from across the World. The current program is upto November 2018. Next program begins from November, 2018.
- In July-August, 2018, the Center carried out a 6-weeks, completely lab oriented program on Big Data and Data Analytics for the Executives of Punjab National Bank.
- Besides the above the Center has planned for a 5-day Faculty Development Program on Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence (Dec 17-21, 2018).
- The Center runs a regular 120-hours program on ‘Big Data and Data Analytics for Managers’ for PGDM students (final year) in September every year.
Center Head: Prof. Ashok Kumar Harnal