About the Center:
Center for Sustainable Development (CSD) was founded in the year 2012 with a vision to shape the innovative solutions to address the challenges of Sustainable Development to business and society. CSD lead and partner with national and international organizations to document, research, build capacity and penetrate knowledge having impact on social, economic and environment aspects of business, society and public policy.
CSD work with corporates, think tanks, chambers of commerce & industry, government and non-government organizations to undertake research, training, round-table conferences, creating knowledge product as well as undertaking baseline and impact assessment studies in the area of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development in a holistic manner. CSD actively promote and enhance public awareness about the various aspects of sustainable development and social responsibility not only among their student community but also through the sharing platforms with other stakeholders.
CSD has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) under the aegis of The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India for collaborative research, publication, training and exchange of resources for research projects in the areas of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Waste Management Practices
- Corporate Social Performance Measurement
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Urban Farming: Business opportunities with Sustainable Development
- Sustainability Reporting Practices
- Digital India
- Health Care
- International Migration
Professor-in-charge: Prof. Shallini Taneja
Members: Prof. Subhasis Bera and Prof. Basant Kumar Potnuru
- “Digital Divide among Indian States and ICT Industry Strategies”-Prof. Subhasis Bera
- “International migration of doctors: a case study of returnee doctors in Delhi”- Prof. Basant K. Potnuru
- “Waste Management Practices in Indian Companies”- Prof. Shallini Taneja
Updates/ Events held:
- An Expert talk by Dr. Anirudh Garg, Chief Promoter, Institute of Urban Farming & Sustainability, Moradabad has been organized for first year students of FMG and IMG on “Urban Farming: Business opportunities with Sustainable Development” on November 15, 2016 at FORE campus.
- FORE was the Academic Partner in the symposium, “Towards an Age Inclusive Society: Advancing Sustainable Goals (3&11)” organized by Anugraha, marking an observance of “World Elder Abuse Awareness Day” in collaboration with United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) and Global Compact Network India held on June 15, 2016 at the UN Conference hall, New Delhi. For details, please click here.
- Published an Edited book “Business Sustainability: Challenges and Issues” ed by Jitendra K Das, Subhasis Bera, Shallini Taneja, Reeta Raina, Bloomsbury, January, 2015.
- Panel Discussion on Energy Sustainability held on August 25, 2014 at FORE campus.
- International Conference on “Business Sustainability: Challenges and Issue” held on November 28-30, 2012 at PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, New Delhi