Prof. Anita T. Lal
Experience: Over 16 Years
Background & Experience
Dr. Lal’s expertise lies in the areas of Business Communication, Leadership & Entrepreneurship. Besides being a full time Ph.D Scholar at IIT Kanpur, she has more than 16 years of work experience in the areas of teaching, training and research. She has introduced three electives: Effective leadership Communication, Written Analysis and Communication and New Venture Planning She also has the experience of teaching for three years as visiting faculty at IIT Delhi and IIT Kanpur. She has been a part-time consultant for two years to NTPC’s World Bank funded in the Environmental Impact Assessment Projects at Auriya and Unchahar..
Areas of Interest & Teaching
She has keen interest in personality development, research related activities and MDPs. All her research publications and papers in the national and international conferences have been well received.
A proud recipient Goldman Sachs fellowship for the prestigious Certification on ‘Mentor Development Program for Entrepreneurs’ jointly awarded by London Business School and National Entrepreneurship Network. Being a certified mentor she has been successfully mentoring entrepreneurs. Her passion though, remains Student Start-ups.
She has conducted number of MDPs for the Indian Corporate and International participants. Some of the major MDPs are in the areas of -Interpersonal relationship; Effective communication skills; Delivering captivating presentations, Cross cultural communication; Enhancing Assertiveness; Accent neutralization; Women Empowerment; Positive Attitude; business Etiquette; Cross cultural communication; Time and Stress Management; Negotiation skills; Leadership competencies; Level five leadership; Emotional leadership; Entrepreneurial Competencies; Mentoring Startups; Opportunity Evaluation; Business Models and Plans for Start-ups.
Dr. Lal is able to create an ideal blend of Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Communication in her training programs, few of the most potential skills critical to creating success stories for Organizations in today’s uncertain times.
Research Paper / Publications / Fellowships
- Women Entrepreneurs in India-Over the Years!
Abstract of the Paper has been accepted to be presented and during the 19th International Business Research Conference, Monash University, Caulfield Campus, Melbourne, Australia, November 19-21, 2012..
- NI HAO--- Hello This is The Chinese Way! - Dec, 2011..
- Scope of Innovation In Start-ups-Post Recession - Dec- 2011.
- Return of the Start-ups (A post Recession study in Entrepreneurship)- Sept, 2011.
- Certification of Mentorship for Entrepreneurs with Honours- Sept, 2011.
- Goldman Sachs Fellowship- Oct, 2010.
- Impact of Economic Slowdown on Entrepreneurship in India-Oct, 2009.
- Market Economy- Understanding Entrepreneurship - June, 2007.
- Effective methods of Teaching Business Communication- March, 2001.
- Participatory Rural Appraisal for NTPC (Auriyah and Unchchahar)- May,1999.
- Impact of New Industrial Policies on small scale industries at Rourkela Jan,1999.
- Contours of Industrial Entrepreneurs IIT Kanpur, Dec-1997.
- Junior Research Fellowship and NET -Oct ,1991.
- Study of a Panchayat of Kanke block in Ranchi district for development of an action plan for development and improvement of irrigation facilities- March, 1991.
- Rural Urban Exodus- Dec, 1990.