PhD, IIT Kharagpur; CFA, ICFAI University, Tripura; M. Com, MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly; B. Com, MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly
He has completed his PhD in the domain of finance from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. He has worked as an Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting at VIT University, Vellore. He has received financial assistance from IIT Kharagpur to present research papers at international conferences in countries such as the USA and France. He has qualified for the National Eligibility Test (NET) and was rewarded a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from UGC. He is actively exploring the area of Finance and Accounting and has published several research papers in reputed national and international journals. He is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Emerald Publication House's 'Management Decision' journal The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) hosted a panel discussion on Consumer Credit & Finance, and he was the featured speaker. He has delivered his expertise at numerous MDPs and FDPs organized by FORE School of Management, New Delhi, VIT University, Vellore (DST-sponsored), and Narmada College of Management, Bharuch, Gujarat (JOINT AICTE – GTU SPONSORED). He is a reviewer of several reputed international journals such as the International Journal of Managerial Finance, International Journal of Emerging Markets, Energy Policy, EconomiA, International Journal of Finance and Economics, Journal of African Business, Australian Economic Papers, Applied Economics, Applied Economics Letters, Cogent Economics & Finance, Journal of Applied Economics and Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment.
Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Financial Economics, Behavioural Finance
Corporate Investments, Corporate Finance, Financial market
1) Gupta, G. and Mahakud, J. (2022). Impact of financial distress on investment-cash flow sensitivity: evidence from emerging economy. Published in International Journal of Managerial Finance. Volume and issue will be assigned soon. (ABDC ‘A’ rated, Scopus and ESCI).
2) Gupta, G., Mahakud, J. and Singh, V. (2022). Economic policy uncertainty and investment-cash flow sensitivity: evidence from India. Published in International journal of emerging markets. Volume and issue will be assigned soon. (ABDC ‘B’ rated, Scopus and SSCI). Impact factor: 3.422.
3) Gupta, G. (2022). CEO's age and investment-cash flow sensitivity. Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 43 and Issue 6, pp. 2212-2224. (ABDC ‘B’ rated, Scopus and SSCI), Vol. 43(6), pp. 2212-2224. Impact factor: 1.379.
4) Gupta, G. (2022). CEO’s educational background, economic policy uncertainty and investment-cash flow sensitivity: evidence from India, Applied Economics, Vol. 54 (5), pp. 1 – 13. ABDC ‘A’ rated, Scopus and SSCI). Impact factor: 1.916.
5) Gupta, G., Mahakud, J. and Verma, V. (2021). CEO’s education and Investment-cash flow sensitivity: An empirical investigation, International Journal of Managerial Finance”, Vol. 17 (4), pp. 589-618. (ABDC ‘A’ rated, Scopus and ESCI).
6) Gupta, G. and Mahakud, J. (2020). The impact of macroeconomic condition on investment-cash flow sensitivity of Indian firms: Do business group affiliation and firm size matter? South Asian Journal of Business Studies, Vol. 9(1), pp. 19-42. (ABDC ‘C’ rated, Scopus and ESCI).
7) Gupta, G. and Mahakud, J. (2019). Alternative measure of financial development and investment-cash flow sensitivity: Evidence from an emerging economy, Financial Innovation, Vol. 5(1), pp. 1-28. (Scopus and SSCI). Impact factor: 6.793.
8) Gupta, G., Mahakud, J. and Debata, B. (2018). Impact of CEO’s characteristics on investment decisions of Indian listed firms: Does crisis make any difference? Cogent Economics and Finance, Vol. 6(1), pp. 1-15.
9) Gupta, G. and Mahakud, J. (2018). Business Group Affiliation and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Indian Companies, Journal of Management Research, Vol. 18(1), pp. 56-67. (Formerly, ABDC ‘C’ rated). (Citations: 7)
• Published Article Title “Investment Banking as a career choice: Here's what you should know” in the Hindustan Times on 28 June 2022.
• Published article title “Investment Banking and its career opportunities” in the Times of India (Education Times), Page no. 6 on 27 June 2022.
• Published article title “Online learning works, but hurdles lie ahead” in The Hindu Business Line Segment’s Business Lines on Campus on 1 September 2021.
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.