Admission in Full-Time Fellowship Programme in Management (FPM) in AY 2021-22. Application for PGDM(BDA) Programme (Limited Seats Only) Apply Now ADMISSIONS-2021: FINAL RESULT (Click here) Admissions open for Executive-PGDM Programme Batch(2021-22) (Apply Now) 7 Months certificate course in Big Data Analytics by UCR, USA (Apply Now) FORE International Marketing Conference (FIMC) 2021(Click Here)
PhD (Cultural Studies), University of Illinois, at Urbana-Champaign, USA; M.A. (Cultural Studies), University of Illinois, at Urbana-Champaign, USA; M.A. (Gold Medalist), Jadavpur University, Kolkata
10 years of consulting experience in the industry across various sectors; Taught at IMI, Delhi; IIFT, Delhi; IIT Kharagpur, National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. Dr. Basu has 15 national and international conferences to her credit; her research publications include papers, book chapters and cases published in national and international peer reviewed journals and books; she also writes for newspapers and has 12 articles published in national dailies. She is a visiting professor at IIM, Sambalpur.
Cross-cultural Management; Culture and market orientation and culture and service orientation in firms; Comparing Globalizations in Asian economies; Sustaining Social Ventures; Behavior of small firms and their strategic orientations.
Cross-cultural management in international business; Cross-cultural negotiation skills; Building a culture of excellence; Change communication; Communication and presentation skills; Role of culture in service orientation
1) Das, J.K., Jain, S., Basu, S., and Majumdar, B. (2019). Organic Wellness: Influencing Consumer Decisions via Cause Marketing. Ivey Publishing, Case 9B19A030.
2) Makkar, S., & Basu, S. (2019). Influence of Emotional Intelligence on Workplace Behavior among Bank Employees in Mumbai, India: An Assessment of the Moderating Role of Job Stress, South Asian Journal of Management, 25(3), 135-158.
3) Majumdar, B., Basu, S., & Jain, S. (2018). Chanderiyaan: Weaving Digital Empowerment into the Indian Handloom Industry. WDI Publishing (Ross School of Business, U. of Michigan), Case 1-234-089.
4) Basu, S., & Majumdar, B. (2017). Beating the monochrome: emerging market multinationals and the bricoleur approach to embracing heterogeneity. Social Identities, Routledge, Taylor & Francis, DOI: 10.1080/13504630.2017.1386371.
5) Makkar, S., & Basu, S. (2017). The Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Workplace Behaviour: A Study of Bank Employees. Global Business Review 20(12), 1-21.
6) Gupta, R.K., & Basu, S. (2017). Goonj: Essence of Sustainability and Scalability of a Social Venture. WDI Publishing (Ross School of Business, U. of Michigan), Case 7-237-875
7) Culture at the Cross Roads: Value Orientations and their Re-Negotiation in Leading Family-Owned Indian Businesses. Book chapter with V. Chandra in: Global Enterprise Management: A New Perspective on Challenges and Future Development (Ed.) Camillo, A. A., 37510693, (2015).Vol. II, NY: Palgrave McMillan.
8) India’s Future Shaped by the Past: The Politics of Foreign Investment, Global Asia 10, No. 2 Summer 2015, A Journal of East Asa Foundation, Seoul.
9) “Multiple Paths to Globalization: The India-China Story” – from Sage in collaboration with Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences, China.
10) “Influence of Dimensions of Strategic Orientation (SO) on the Growth of Small Firms & Resources as Moderating Variable”, with Rakesh Gupta in Management and Labour Studies 39(4) 1–16 © 2015 XLRI Jamshedpur, School of Business Management & Human Resources, SAGE Publication.
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.