PhD (Cultural Studies), University of Illinois, at Urbana-Champaign, USA; M.A. (Cultural Studies), University of Illinois, at Urbana-Champaign, USA; M.A. (Gold Medalist), Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Prof. Sriparna Basu Professor of Communication, FORE School of Management
PhD (University of Illinois, at Urbana-Champaign, USA); M.A. (Cultural Studies), from University of Illinois, at Urbana-Champaign; and M.A. from Jadavpur University, Calcutta (Gold medallist)
Dr Basu has been involved in research, teaching and consulting work for over 23 years. She has presented research papers in 16 national and international conferences. She has published widely – her research contributions include research papers, teaching and research cases, and book chapters published in several national and international peer reviewed journals and books. She has won international awards for her case publications at prestigious international forums such as at William Davidson Institute (WDI), University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, USA and honourable mention at ISB-Ivey case competition.
Prof. Basu has been involved in training and consulting activities with organizations such as ONGC, NHPC, IFFCO, MCL, Indian Oil, Power Grid, Aviation Academy of India, Punjab National Bank, Tata Motors, Mitsui, Bayer India, Relaxo, Indian Institute of Public Administration, British Council, etc.
She has been invited as distinguished speaker and panellist, multiple times, in various forums such as ASSOCHAM, KPMG, Association of Independent Directors (AIDI), Delhi University etc. She has also served as the external expert at faculty selection interviews at International Management Institute (IMI), Kolkata. Presently, she is the Dean (Research) at FORE.
Prof. Basu is also a visiting professor at IIM, Sambalpur for the past 5 years. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
User Behaviour Research, Interactive Technologies, (IR) Responsible AI, Digital Inclusivity, Human-Tech, Culture and Technology Behaviour.
Cross-cultural management in international business; Cross-cultural negotiation skills; Building a culture of excellence; Change communication; Communication and presentation skills; Role of culture in service orientation
1) Basu, Sriparna, (2023). So what if ChatGPT wrote it? “Multidisciplinary perspectives on opportunities, challenges and implications of generative conversational AI for research, practice and policy”. International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 71, 102642. Available online at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0268401223000233
2) Jain, S., Basu S., Dwivedi Y., Kaur S. (2022). Interactive voice assistants – Does brand credibility assuage privacy risks? Journal of Business Research, 139, 701-717.
3) Majumdar, B., Basu, S., Jain, S. (2021). Digital Empowerment and Indian Handlooms: Case-based Policy Recommendations, Economic and Political Weekly (Vol. 56, No. 8) - Scopus & ABDC-B Category.
4) Das, J.K., Jain, S., Basu, S., Majumdar, B. (2019). Organic Wellness: Influencing Consumer Decision Via cause Marketing (https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=104351) - – Ivey Publishing – B Category.
5) Majumdar, B., Basu, S., Jain, S. (2018). Chanderiyaan: Weaving Digital Empowerment into the Indian Handloom Industry – WDI Publishing (University of Michigan, Ross School of Business) – B Category..
6) Basu, S., & Majumdar, B. (2018). Beating the Monochrome: Emerging Market Multinationals and the Bricoleur Approach to embracing Heterogeneity, Social Identities (Vol. 25, No.5: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13504630.2017.1386371?journalCode=csid20) – Scopus & Web of Science.
7) Makkar, S., & Basu, S. (2018). Influence of Emotional Intelligence on Workplace Behavior among Bank Employees in Mumbai, India: An Assessment of the Moderating Role of Job Stress, South Asian Journal of Management (Vol. 25, No. 3) – Scopus & ABDC – C Category.
8) Gupta, R.K., & Basu, S. (2017). Goonj: Essence of Sustainability and Scalability of a Social Venture, WDI Publishing (University of Michigan, Ross School of Business) – B Category.
9) Makkar, S. & Basu, S. (2017). The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Workplace Behavior: A Study of Bank Employees, South Asian Journal of Management (Vol. 25, No. 3) – Scopus & ABDC – C.
10) Basu, S. (2016). Multiple Paths to Globalization: The India-China Story, in India and China: History, Culture, Cooperation, and Competition (eds.) Arnab Deb, Paramita Mukherjee, & Miao Pang, Sage Publishing.
11) Basu, S., & Chandra, V. (2015). Culture at the Cross Roads: Value Orientations and their Re-Negotiation in Leading Family-Owned Indian Businesses in Global Enterprise Management: A New Perspective on Challenges and Future Development (Ed.) Camillo, A. A NY: Palgrave McMillan.
12) Basu, S. (2015). India’s Future Shaped by the Past: The Politics of Foreign Investment, Global Asia (Vol. 10, No. 2: https://www.globalasia.org/v10no2/feature/indias-future-shaped-by-the-past-the-politics-of-foreign-investment_sriparna-basu).
13) Gupta, R.K., & Basu, S. (2015). Influence of Dimensions of Strategic Orientation (SO) on the Growth of Small Firms & Resources as Moderating Variable’, Management and Labour Studies, (Vo. 39, No. 4) – Scopus & ABDC-C Category.
14) Gupta, R.K., & Basu, S. (2014). Ziqitza Healthcare Limited: Challenge of Scaling up Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in India using Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Mode, Asian Journal of Management Cases – Scopus & ABDC – C Category.
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.