International Managers Group (IMG)
The Two Year Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) - International Business Management programme aims at preparing students to take up careers in corporate houses and family businesses engaged in International Business operations.
- To develop and train participants for assuming positions of responsibility in corporate houses and family businesses
- To provide a thorough grounding to the participants in the conceptual framework of management theory, in the skills appropriate to managerial practice, as well as in the essential issues in international business operations
- To equip the participants for working in a competitive global environment enabling them to face confidently the pressures and challenges of the new millennium
- Evolve with the dynamic and complex emerging Global environment.
The basic thrust is on understanding the independent nature of organisational dynamics and its managerial implications. This shall help students acquire conceptual and analytical abilities required for appropriate decision making and effective implementation. A number of generic learning outcomes are specified, which relate to the theme of corporate performance, and link the various functional modules.
The students will be able to :
- Analyse and evaluate the issues that arise out of the greater integration of the Indian economy and businesses with the global environment
- Identify and describe the implications of trends within international business for Indian corporate houses
- Identify and respond appropriately to differences in business culture and ethics in the international business arena
- Use a range of practical tools and techniques for conducting international business
- Demonstrate the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to gain employment in the corporate sector or in family businesses globally
- Identify and evaluate options for developing strategies in international business situations
- Identify potential opportunities in the global market.
||Term 1, 2, 3 June – March
||Foundation Courses, Core Courses,Seminar Courses
||Term 4, 5, 6 June – March
||Core & Elective courses,Seminar Courses
Instructional Methodology and Pedagogy
The instructional methodology comprises of an optimum mix of lectures, classroom discussions, case studies, role-plays, group discussions, special sessions from professionals from industry and trade, management games, sensitivity training, management films, industrial visits and industry interaction. Students are encouraged to present their cases through individual or group presentations. Further opportunity is provided through participation of students in various seminars.