Prof. Ravikesh Srivastava
M.Sc. (Agri Economics), PhD (BHU: 1992), UGC Senior Research Fellow
Experience: Over 24 Years
Background & Experience
Dr. Ravikesh Srivastava is presently working as Professor of Economics and Heading the area of International Business at FORE School of Management, New Delhi.
He has a rich academic experience of around 24 years in teaching, research and consultancy. Prior to FORE, Dr. Srivastava taught at IIM Lucknow and State University, Madhya Pradesh. Besides teaching, Dr. Srivastava has also worked for Academic Administration as Dean and Director with two leading Business School in Delhi-NCR region during two years of academic leave from FORE (2010-2012). He had headed Centre of Research and was Program Director for Executive MBA at FORE. Presently, he is working as Chairman, Post Graduate Program (PGP) for both regular as well as executive management program at FORE.
At IIM Lucknow, besides teaching, he led various World Bank projects like NATP, DASP and IWDP and was responsible for Strategy development, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation and Socio-Economic Impact Assessment. Dr. Srivastava also consults for leading public and private companies like HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.), GHCL (Gujrat Heavy Chemicals Ltd.), HSIL (Hindustan Sanitary and Industries Ltd.) and Maruti Suzuki.
He has published 25 National and International research papers in journals of repute. He has also co-authored a bestselling book with Dominic Salvatore titled, “Managerial Economics-Principles and Worldwide Applications”, published by Oxford University Press, 2008 and 2012.
He is at present also supervising four Ph.D. students of Management. His areas of interest are Strategy, Managerial Economics, Development Economics and International Business.
Areas of Interest & Teaching
Managerial Economics, Business Forecasting, Export Management, Global Economy & Emerging Industries, Trade Logistic, Business Policy and Performance, Research Methods, Strategy Management & International Business Management.
MDP and Consultancy
A number of MDPs were conducted at IIM Lucknow and at FORE, mainly in the area of Business Forecasting Tools, Strategic Decision for Business Manager, Project Management-Development and Social Sector, Evaluation of Government Programmes and its Impact Assessment, Business Environment with Macro Economy Indicators, Withdrawal Policy and Sustainability of Local Institutions, Challenges and Opportunity of Globalisation in Dairy with WTO scenario etc.
Has worked for number of consultancy and Research assignments for leading public and private companies like HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.), GHCL (Gujrat Heavy Chemicals Ltd.), HSIL (Hindustan Sanitary and Industries Ltd.) and Maruti Suzuki. Also worked as team leader with several development projects funded with World Bank like NATP, DASP, IWDP etc.
Papers & Publications
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS – Principles and Worldwide Applications, Sixth Edition, Oxford University Press, June, 2008, Dominick Salvatore & Ravikesh Srivastava
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS- Principles & worldwide Applications, Seventh Edition, Oxford University Press, July 2012, with five new Indian Cases
Research Papers Published
- Ravikesh Srivastava “ BRICS Strategic Alliance-A Roadmap ahead”, Diplomatist, March 2013.
- Ravikesh Srivastava, “ The Policy review for Haryana Transport Department: The Haryana Roadways, International Journal of Applied Services Marketing Perspectives, Vol 1, No.2, 2012
- Ravikesh Srivastava, Organisational and Environmental Determinants of Performance Appraisal System: A Review and Framework from Contextual Perspective”, International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management”, Vol. 2, Dec. 2012.
- Ravikesh Srivastava, “Emerging Marketing Challenges in changing Global Business Environment, Book Edited and published by MacMillan, 2011
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Globalization, Agrarian Crisis and Farmers’ Suicide”, Paper presented at LBS Academy and being published in book by Sage Publications, 2009.
- Ravikesh Srivastava & N Singh “Study of Flexible Strategy with Innovation and New Product Development in Mobile”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, July 2008.
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Volatility in Indian Stock Market: A Study of Multiple Factors Affecting Stock Prices in 2006”, Portfolio Organizer, August 2007.
- Ravikesh Srivastava, Sonal & Disha “Analysis of Factors Affecting Volatility in Indian Stock Prices”, Abhigyan, December 2007.
- Ravikesh Srivastava & Dipak Mittal “Determinants of Stock Market Volatility”, Indian Journal of Economics.
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Improving growth and productivity of cotton in the cotton region in India”, The Journal of Research A.P.A.U., Vol. XXII, No.1.
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Growth and productivity of Sugarcane in India”, Cooperative Sugar, Vol.24, No.10, pp.539-542.
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Different Models for Forecasting Electricity Consumption in Delhi, paper communicated to Journal of Advances in Management Research.
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Potentiality of integrated agricultural development and credit gaps in tribal agricultural – A budgeting approach”, Rural Integration.
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Distribution of land holding and its inequality in India”, Economic Affairs, Vol.40, No.2, pp.87-96.
- Ravikesh Srivastava”Marketing system and price spread of Vegetables – A case study from Uttar Pradesh”, Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, Vol. 10, No.3, pp.82-86.
- Ravikesh Srivastava “Employment vis-à-vis Consumption Pattern of Rural Labours in Uttar Pradesh”, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 42nd Annual Conference, 2000.