Two Year Full-Time PGDM, PGDM(IB), PGDM(FM), & PGDM(BDA) Programme 2024-26 Batch (Apply Online ) | Call for Papers(Special Issue of Abhigyan closed)-1 | Call for Papers(Special Issue of Abhigyan)-2 | Call for AbstractsFIMC 2023
PhD, IIT Bombay; MBA (Finance), FMS, BHU; M.Sc. (Applied Physics), G.B. Pant University of Ag. & Tech., B.Sc. Kumaun University.
He has been a post-doctoral fellow at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay in the area of Finance. His research and teaching interests include Investment analysis, Trading strategies and Asset pricing. Prior to joining SJMSOM as post-doctoral fellow, Bhaskar completed PhD in finance area from SJMSOM, IIT Bombay. He presented research papers in many prestigious international and national finance conferences. His work received “Best Paper Award” in prestigious 8th ICBAI conference held at IISc. Bangalore. He have published research work in peer reviewed finance journals of international repute. He also assisted in various courses on online platform like NPTEL and MOOC. He is also associated with various international journals as a reviewer and also associated with American Finance Association (AFA) as a member. He also actively follow the Indian stock market and deploy strategies on real time data to transform research knowledge into practice.
Trading Strategies, Asset Pricing, Portfolio Analysis.
Corporate Finance, Portfolio Management, Trading Strategies, Asset Pricing, Empirical Issues in Capital Market
1) Chhimwal, B., Bapat, V. and Gaurav, S. 2021. Investors' preferences and the factors affecting investment in the Indian stock market: an industry view. Managerial Finance, 47(5), pp. 723-744.
2) Chhimwal, B. and Bapat, V., 2021. Comparative study of momentum and contrarian behavior of different investors: Evidence from the Indian Market. Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, 28(1), pp.19-53.
3) Chhimwal, B. and Bapat, V., 2020. Impact of foreign and domestic investment in stock market volatility: Empirical evidence from India. Cogent Economics & Finance, 8(1), p.1754321.
1) Chhimwal, B., Pandey, P., Bapat,V. (2021). “Prediction of Investment Flow and Investment Decision of Various Investors: Artificial Neural Network Approach”. 8th International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence (8th ICBAI) jointly organized by The Operational Research Society of India Bangalore Chapter (ORSI-BC), Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, the Analytic Society of India (ASI) and, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore. December 20-22, 2021. IISc, Bangalore.
2) Chhimwal, B., Bapat, V., Pandey, P. (2020). "Revisiting Momentum Strategy: A New Paradigm for Investment Management”. Twenty Seventh Annual Conference of the Multinational Finance Society (MFS).Virtual, June 28 - 29, 2020.
3) Chhimwal, B., Bapat, V. (2020). “Impact of Foreign and Domestic Investment in Stock Market Volatility: Empirical Evidence from India”. Changing Landscape of Securities Markets jointly organised by NISM and SEBI. Maharashtra, January 22-24, 2020.
4) Chhimwal, B., Bapat, V. (2019). “Comparative Study of Momentum and Contrarian Behaviour of Different Investors: Evidence from Indian Market”. 1st Annual Capital Markets Conference (CMC) organised by NISM. Maharashtra, November 21-22, 2019.
5) Chhimwal, B., Bapat, V. (2019). “Comparative study of momentum and contrarian behaviour of different investors” Management Education and Research Colloquium (MERC-2019) organised by IIM Kashipur. Kashipur, June 06, 2019.
1) Won best paper award in 8th International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence (8th ICBAI) jointly organized by The Operational Research Society of India Bangalore Chapter (ORSI-BC), Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, the Analytic Society of India (ASI) and, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore during December 20-22, 2021 at J.N. Tata Auditorium, IISc, Bangalore.
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.