Ph.D., M.B.A (Finance); B.Sc. (Mathematics), CCSU Meerut. FDP (IIM- Ahmedabad); Specialist Diploma in Credit Risk Management, NUS Singapore.
Over two decades of experience in teaching, training, and research at MBA/PGDM level. Currently working as Professor in Finance with FORE School of Management, New Delhi. Also, associated with Indian Institute of Management – Rohtak and Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs – Manesar as Visiting Faculty. Developed and conducted various executive education programs for corporates and PSUs on the following topics- Spreadsheet Modelling for Valuation, Enterprise Risk Management, Foreign Exchange Risk Management, and Financial Strategies for Value Creation. I have published research papers in peer reviewed journals indexed in Scopus, Web of Science, and listed in ABDC and ABS, and reviewed papers for publications like Sage, Wiley, and Emerald. I have also contributed in institution building activities by handling academic administration responsibilities such as - Professor in Charge - International Relations; Chair-Student Affairs; Chair-Computer Centre Advisory Committee; and Chair-Library Advisory Committee; Member-Staff Appraisal and Review Committee, Member-NIRF Committee.
Corporate Finance – Valuation, Cash Holdings, Creditors’ Right and Firm Performance, IBC; Asset Pricing – Statistical Learning Applications in Asset Pricing; Interdisciplinary – Behavioral Finance, Stakeholder Theory and Firm Performance, Employee Satisfaction and the Firm.
Valuation, Restructuring, Foreign Exchange Risk Management
1) Joshi, H. (2021). Cash Holdings or Net Debt, What Matters for Firm's Financial Policies? Evidence from India. Indian Journal of Finance, 15(2), 8-21. [Scopus, ABDC-C]
2) Joshi, H., & Chauhan, R. (2021). What Determines Price Multiples of Technology Firms in Developed and Emerging Markets? OLS Regression and Shrinkage Algorithm Analysis. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective. [ESCI, Web of Science; Scopus, ABDC-C, ABS-1]
3) Bhatt, P., & Joshi, H. Stakeholder’ and ‘Resource’ labelled employee treatment practices and firm performance- An Integrative Review & Implications for Future Research. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management. [ESCI, Web of Science, ABS-1] (Accepted for Publication) 4) Joshi, H., Chauhan, R. (2020). Determinants of Stock Option Listing: Logistic Regression and Random Forest Approach. Pacific Business Review International, Vol-13, No-1, 2020. pp.-1-12 ISSN: 0974-438X. [ESCI, Web of Science]
5) Joshi, H., & Chauhan, R. (2020). Determinants and Prediction Accuracy of Price Multiples for South East Asia: Conventional and Machine Learning Analysis. Indonesian Capital Market Review, Vol. 12. 42-54. [ESCI, Web of Science, ASEAN Citation Index]
6) Joshi, H. and Bhatt, P. (2019) Fair Employee Treatment and Financial Characteristics of Firms, Theoretical Economic Letters, Vol. 9 (4), 929-946. [ ABDC-B]
7) Joshi, H. (2019). Product Market Interventions and Stock Returns: Evidence from Automobile Manufacturing Firms from India, Indian Journal of Research in Capital Markets, Vol. 6 (2). [Indian Citation Index]
8) Joshi, H. (2019) Cash Holding or Net Debt, what is Relevant for Indonesian Firms? The South East Asian Journal of Management, Vol.13 (1). [ESCI, Web of Science, ASEAN Citation Index]
9) Joshi, H. (2018) Does Introduction of Stock Options Impact Stock Volatility: Empirical Evidence from Underlying Stocks in Indian Market. Theoretical Economic Letters, Vol. 8 (10), 1803-1815. [ABDC-B]
10) Joshi, H. (2018) Option Trading, Information Asymmetry and Firm Innovativeness: Evidence from Stock Option Trading Firms from India. Theoretical Economic Letters, Vol. 8 (11), 2169-2181. [ABDC-B]
11) Joshi, Himanshu (2018). Disinvestment and Firm Performance- A Comparative Analysis of Strategic Sale vs. Public Offerings by Indian Public Sector Enterprises. Abhigyan, Vol. XXXVI, (1).
12) Joshi, H. Corporate Risk Management, Firms’ Characteristics and Capital Structure: Evidence from BSE- SENSEX Companies, Vision: The Journal of Business Perspectives. Sage Publications. Vol. 22, No. 4, 395- 404. [Scopus, ESCI, Web of Science, and ABDC- C, ABS-1]
13) Joshi, H. (2017). Why the Global Equity Allocation in Frontier Markets is Low? Evidence from Vietnam, Indian Journal of Research in Capital Markets. Vol. 4, Issue 3, July – September. [Indian Citation Index]
14) Joshi, H. (2017). New Product Launch and Stock Returns in the Period of Demonetization: Cross Section and Multivariate Time Series Analysis. Indian Journal of Research in Capital Markets. Vol. 4, Issue 4, October- December. [Indian Citation Index]
15) Joshi, H. (2017). Constructing International Equity Portfolio for BRIC Nations using Modified Global CAPM Return, Abhigyan, April-June.
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.