PhD, IITD; M. Com, Delhi University; B. Com(H), Delhi University
She has completed her PhD in finance from the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India. Her thesis was nominated for Amit Garg Memorial Research Award 2019. During her PhD, She received Research Scholars' Travel Allowance for presenting a research paper at the International Conference from IIT Delhi. She is a dual post-graduate (M. Com and PGDM) in the area of finance. She qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC in the first attempt. She was rewarded a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from UGC. She has presented research papers in various conferences of national as well as international repute. She also has a few book chapters to her credit. She has also contributed as a quantitative research analyst in the public policy area of education.
Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Mergers and Acquisitions
Financial analysis, Mergers and Acquisitions, Post-acquisition integration
1) Jain, S., Kashiramka, S., & Jain, P. K. (2020). Do Frequent Acquirers Outperform in Cross-Border Acquisitions? A Study of Indian Companies. Review of International Business and Strategy, Emerald 30(4), 491-514. https://doi.org/10.1108/RIBS-12-2019-0160 (Category C Journal, ABDC)
2) Jain, S., Lall, M., & Singh, A. (2020). Teachers’ Voices on the Impact of COVID-19 on School Education: Are Ed-Tech Companies Really the Panacea? Contemporary Education Dialogue, 1-32. (Scopus indexed)
3) Jain, S., Kashiramka, S., & Jain, P. K. (2019). Wealth Effects on Cross-border Acquisition Firms from Emerging Economies. Emerging Markets Review, 40, 100621. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ememar.2019.100621 (Category A Journal, ABDC)
4) Jain, S., Kashiramka, S., & Jain, P. K. (2019). Cross Border M&As: Integration Practices from Emerging Economies. Journal of Business Strategy, Emerald 41(3), 21-33. https://doi.org/10.1108/JBS-01-2019-0018 (Category B Journal, ABDC)
5) Jain, S., Kashiramka, S., & Jain, P. K. (2018). Impact of Organizational Learning and Absorptive Capacity on the Abnormal Returns of Acquirers: Evidence from Cross-border Acquisitions by Indian Companies. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Springer 19(4), 289-303. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40171-018-0193-9
6) Jain, S. (2018). Financial Inclusion in India- Contemporary Issues and Challenges. Research Bulletin, ICAI 44(3), 36-52.
7) Jain, S., Kashiramka, S., & Jain, P. K. (2019) Strategic Flexibility through Cross-Border Acquisitions: Market Response in Indian Context, in P. K. Suri, and Rajan Yadav (Eds.), Transforming Organizations through Flexible Systems Management, Flexible Systems Management, Springer: New Delhi.
This chapter was also presented at Seventeenth Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management organized by Delhi School of Management, Delhi Technological University, Delhi from 11-13 December 2017
8) Jain, S., Kashiramka, S., & Jain, P. K. (2018) Corporate Strategies: Evidence from Indian Cross-border Acquisitions, Flexible Strategies in VUCA Markets under the Book Series on Flexible Systems Management (Published by Springer).
This chapter was also presented at International Conference on Strategies in Volatile and Uncertain Environment for Emerging Markets, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India from 14 -15 July, 2017
9) Anand, K., Bali, M., Banerji, A., Ranjan, M., Jain, S., Khan, F., Singh, A. and Lall, M. (2019). Impact of Covid 19 on School Education in India. Accessible at: https://www.irdse.org/front/Policy-Brief-Covid-19-and-School-Education-final-new.pdf
10) Ranjan, M., Anand, K., Bali, M., Banerji, A., Jain, S., Khan, F., Singh, A. and Lall, M. (2019). COVID-19 and its Impact on Higher Education in India. Accessible at: https://www.irdse.org/front/Covid-19-and-its-impact-on-Higher-Education.pdf
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.