FPM National Institute of Financial Management (Finance), M.B.A. (Finance and Business Economics); M. A (Economics); UGC-NET, B. Com
Total Years of Experience
Brief description of Experience
Prof. Tarun K Soni is currently an Assistant Professor in the Finance and Accounting Area at the FORE School of Management (FSM). Prior to joining FSM, he has worked with prestigious institutions/think tanks like Ministry of Finance, Prime Minister’s Office and Niti Aayog on public policy issues. He has taught finance subjects/courses at Postgraduate level to the students of management at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Banasthali University, IBS Gurgaon and Jaipuria Institute of Management. He is a keen researcher and has published research papers in Scopus/ ABDC listed journals.
Research Interest Areas
Commodity Markets, Financial Markets, Time Series Modelling, CSR and Corporate Governance.
Consulting Interest Areas
Risk Management, Financial Markets, Wealth Management
- Singh, A and Soni, T. K. (2021) ‘Price Transmission in Cotton Futures Market: Evidence from Three Countries’ 14(9), 444., Journal of Risk and Financial Management.; https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm14090444, Ranked in: ABDC (Australia), B and Web of Science. Ranked in: ABDC (Australia), B
- Soni, T. K., & Singh, A. (2020). ‘Directors’ remuneration, corporate governance and firm performance linkages: Evidence from the emerging country’. Corporate Ownership & Control, 18(1), 382-392. https://doi.org/10.22495/cocv18i1siart12 Ranked in: ABDC (Australia), B
- Singh, A and Soni, T.K (2022) ‘Firm Performance and R&D Investment Linkages: Study of India’s Top 500 Companies’, accepted for publication, The Journal of Developing Areas (JDA), Ranked in: ABS (1)
- Soni, T.K and Arora, A (2021) ‘Trends and Patterns in Indian Board Structure’, Asian Journal of Accounting and Governance 16: 93–104 (2021) (http://dx.doi.org/10.17576/AJAG-2021-16-07), Ranked in ABDC (Australia) and Scopus
- Soni, T.K and Arora, A (forthcoming) ‘Women participation in corporate boards: Quantile Regression approach’, AAJFA, DOI: 10.1504/AAJFA.2021.10042446, Ranked in Scopus and ABDC (Australia)
- Soni, T.K and Sehgal, S (2021) ‘Does Corporate Governance and financial capacity influence R&D intensity? Evidence from Indian Firms’, Empirical Economics Letters,20(3), Ranked in: ABDC (Australia)
- Singh, A and Soni, T.K (2021) ‘Review of Microfinance Research: Evidence from Prominent Authors and highly cited Research Papers’, Empirical Economics Letters, 20(2), Ranked in: ABDC (Australia)
- Soni, T.K. (2014). ‘Cointegration, linear and nonlinear causality: analysis using Indian Agriculture Futures contracts’. Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, 4(2),157-71 Ranked in: ABDC (Australia), Scopus Indexed
- Chahal, H., Mishra, S., Raina S., & Soni, T.K, (2014) ‘A Comprehensive Model of Business Social Responsibility (BSR) For Small Scale Enterprises’. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 21(4), 716-39, Ranked in: ABDC (Australia), Scopus Indexed
- Soni, T.K (2013). ‘Nonlinearity in Indian Commodity Markets: Evidence from a battery of tests. International Journal of Financial Engineering and Risk Management (IJFERM), 1(1), 73-89. Indexed in Google Scholar and listed in Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Soni, T.K (2013). Testing Efficiency of Guar seed Futures: Empirical Evidence from India. Romanian Economic Journal, 16(47), 211-228. Abstracted and indexed in Ulrich’s Perodicals Director and EBSCO.
- Soni, T.K. (2017). "Has Indian Commodity Future Market Lost Steam? Existing Scenario and the Way Forward". International Journal of Banking, Risk and Insurance ISSN Number: 2320-7507
- Soni, T. and Arora, A. (2016) ‘CSR performance of MNCs and Non-MNCs- A Comparative Study’, LBS Journal of Management and Research. Vol. 14, No. 1, 23-32.
- Arora, A. and Soni, T. (2017) ‘CSR and Firm Characteristics: Evidence from BSE 500’, International Journal of Information, Business and Management. 9(1), 119-140
- Soni, T.K. (2015). ‘Agricultural Commodity Futures and Risk Management: Evidence from NMCE’, NIFM Journal of Public Financial Management, 7(1), 119-129
- Soni, T.K & Singla, H.K. (2013) ‘A Study of the Efficiency and Unbiasedness in NCDEX: A Case Study of Guar Gum’, Indian Journal of Finance, 7(11), 28-37. Ranked in: ABDC (Australia), Scopus Indexed
- Soni, T.K (2012). ‘Testing for Linear and Nonlinear Granger Causality in Notional Indian Multi-Commodity Indices’. ArthAnvesan, 17(1), 61-76.