PhD (Operations Management), IIT Delhi; M.Tech. (General Mechanical), SVNIT Surat; B.E. (Mechanical Engg.) MIT, Pune
2 Years 4 Months
Dr. Veepan Kumar is working as an Assistant Professor in the Quantitative Techniques and Operations Management (QT&OM) area at FORE School of Management (FSM). He has been awarded PhD Degree in Operations Management from Department of Management Studies (DMS), IIT Delhi. He has over two years of teaching experience and five years of research experience in the areas of Industry 4.0, smart supply chain, digital manufacturing, supply chain collaboration, supply chain resilience, green supply chain, digitalization, digital transformation, and sustainability. He has also published research articles in various reputed international journals and conferences.
Industry 4.0 Implementation, Adoption of Digital Technologies, Digital Platforms, Sustainable Business Practices, Digitalization in Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Industry 4.0, Intelligent Manufacturing, Smart & Digital Supply Chain, Digital Innovations, Digital Restructuring in Manufacturing
List of Journal Publications
1) Kumar, V., Vrat, P., and Shankar, R. (2021). Prioritization of strategies to overcome the barriers in Industry 4.0: a hybrid MCDM approach. OPSEARCH, 58, 711-750. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12597-020-00505-1.
2) Kumar, V., Shankar, R., and Vrat, P. (2021). An analysis of Industry 4.0 implementation-variables by using SAP-LAP and e-IRP approach, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-ofprint. https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-03-2021-0153.
3) Kumar, V., Vrat, P., and Shankar, R. (2021). A graph-theoretic approach to evaluate the intensity of barriers in the implementation of Industry 4.0. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), 18(08), 1-41. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219877021500395.
List of Conference Presentations
1) Kumar, V., Vrat, P., and Shankar, R. (2018). Ranking the Barriers of Industry 4.0 for the Indian Manufacturing Sector. International Conference ICIEIND, 2018 Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (Deemed to be University), Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
2) Kumar, V., Vrat, P., and Shankar, R. (2019). Modelling the factors related to the implementation of Industry 4.0 in India, POMS 30th Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) held in Washington D.C., USA from May 2 - 6, 2019.
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.