PhD (Information Systems and Business Analytics), IIM Ranchi; B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering), SRM University Chennai.
Total Years of Experience
2 years 6 months
Brief description of Experience
Prior to joining FORE School of Management, he has been an Assistant Professor (Area of Business Analytics) in Adamas University, and a Visiting Faculty at Birla Global University. He also has industrial experience of two years at TCS Limited. With B.Tech. (Silver Medalist) in Computer Science and Engineering from SRM University, and a PhD (Information Systems and Business Analytics) from IIM Ranchi, he has to his credit many publications in top level ABDC and ABS listed journals. He has also attended around ten national and international conferences. His research mainly focusses on understanding customer perspectives from social-media feeds in different domains like food delivery, e-learning and travel agency services. He is also an editorial review board member of the ‘International Journal of Electronic Government Research’ and is in the program committee of the international conference ‘Digital Marketing & eCommerce’.
Research Interest Areas
Data Mining and Predictive Analytics, Social Media and Cognitive Analytics, Recommender Systems, Diffusion of Innovation, Customer Analytics, Marketing Analytics.
Consulting Interest Areas
Data Mining and Predictive Analytics, Social Media and Cognitive Analytics, CRM and Customer Analytics.
- Ray, A. and P.K. Bala. 2021. User generated content for exploring factors affecting intention to use travel and food delivery services. International Journal of Hospitality Management. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102730]
- Ray, A., Bala, P.K. and Y.K. Dwivedi. 2020. Exploring barriers affecting intention to use eLearning services: An NLP-based multi-method approach. Behaviour and Information Technology. [https://doi.org/10.1108/JEIM-03-2020-0091]
- Ray, A., Bala, P.K. and R. Kumar. 2020. An NLP-SEM approach to examine the gratifications affecting user’s choice of different e-Learning providers from user tweets. Journal of Decision Systems. [https://doi.org/10.1080/12460125.2020.1847406]
- Ray, A., Bala, P.K., Chakraborty, S. and S.A. Dasgupta. 2020. Exploring the impact of different factors on brand equity and intention to take up online courses from e-Learning platforms. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2020.102351]
- Ray, A., Bala, P.K. and R. Jain. 2020. Utilizing emotion scores for improving classifier performance for predicting customer's intended ratings from social media posts. Benchmarking: An international Journal. [https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-01-2020-0004]
- Ray, A., Bala, P.K. and Y.K. Dwivedi. 2020. Exploring values affecting e-Learning adoption from the user-generated-content: A consumption-value-theory perspective. Journal of Strategic Marketing. [https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2020.1749875]
- Ray, A. and P.K. Bala. 2020. Social-media for improved process management in organizations during disasters. Knowledge and Process management. 27(1): 63-74.
- Ray, A. and P.K. Bala. 2020. An NLP-based cryptosystem to control spread of fake news through Twitter. In: Progress in Computing, Analytics and Networking, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) Series. Springer. Springer, Singapore. vol. 1119, pp. 447-455.
- Ray, A., Dhir, A., Bala, P.K. and P. Kaur. 2019. Why do people use food delivery apps (FDA)? A uses and gratification theory perspective. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 51: 221-230.
- Ray, A., Bala, P.K. and S.A. Dasgupta. 2019. Role of authenticity and perceived benefits of online courses on technology based career choice in India: A modified technology adoption model based on career theory. International Journal of Information Management. 47: 140–151.