Two Year Full Time PGDM, PGDM(IB), PGDM(FM), & PGDM(BDA) Programme 2021-23 Batch (Apply Now) 7 Months certificate course in Big Data Analytics by UCR, USA (Apply Now) The most awaited event of the year is here - GENESIS 2K21 (Know More)
PhD; Post Graduation (Operational Research); Graduate in Mathematics (Hons.) - University of Delhi
Prof. Hitesh Arora is a Professor in the area of Quantitative Techniques and Operations Management at FORE School of Management, New Delhi. A graduate in Mathematics and a post graduate in Operational Research from University of Delhi, he has earned his Doctorate in Mathematical Programming from Department of Operational Research, University of Delhi. He has qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted jointly by CSIR & UGC for Lectureship with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Mathematical Sciences.
He started his teaching career from University of Delhi and taught subjects like Optimization, Queuing Theory, Inventory Management and Statistics besides guiding students in their project work. Prof. Arora has also worked as an Actuarial Consultant with a UK-based MNC. He has over two decades of experience in academics and industry. Prof. Arora has worked immensely in the area of Mathematical Programming and his present areas of research interest are measurement of Productivity, Service Quality and effect of information technology in Indian banking sector. He has to his credit, a number of research papers in national and international journals of repute. Prof. Arora is also a reviewer of many International Journals.
He has also conducted various Management Development Programmes (MDPs) in Decision Making Techniques for Managers. He has presented papers in various National and International Conferences. Prof. Arora has to his credit four co-edited books. He has also authored an Indian adaptation book titled Business Statistics - BSTAT: A South-Asian Perspective, published by CENGAGE Learning India Private Limited.
Besides his teaching, research and consultancy at FORE School of Management Prof. Arora has been handling Administrative Position of Dean (Academic Services) and is looking after activities like Research, Publications, Ranking, Regulations, Recruitment, Accreditation, Library, Centers of Excellence and Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) etc.
Measurement of Productivity, Service Quality and Information Technology in Indian Banking Sector
Application of Decision Making Techniques
1) Arora, H. and Arora, P. (2017), Bank Characteristics, Ownership and Profitability of Commercial Banks: Panel Evidence from India, International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 347-364.
2) Arora, H. and Arora, P. (2016), Performance of local area banks in India: an empirical study (2003-2012), International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 310-331.
3) Arora, H. and Arora, P. (2015), Service Quality Dimensions: An empirical investigation of Commercial Banks in India using SERVQUAL, International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 50-72.
4) Arora, H. and Arora, P. (2013), Measuring and decomposing productivity change using Hicks-Moorsteen index numbers: evidence from Indian banks, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 73-95.
5) Arora, H. and Arora, P. (2013), Effect of investments in information technology on bank performance: empirical evidence from Indian public sector banks, International Journal of Business Information Systems, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 400-417.
6) Arora, H. and Arora, P. (2012), Bank productivity measurement using Hicks-Moorsteen indices: evidence from Indian public sector banks, International Journal of Business Performance Management, Vol. 13, Nos. 3/4, pp. 386–407.
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.