Admission in Full-Time Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) AY 2023-24. (Apply Online ) | Call for Paper(Special Issue of Abhigyan)
PGDM, IIM Ahmedabad; PhD, Finance
Prof Vandana Gupta is a PGDM from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a PhD Finance in credit risk. She has more than a decade of experience with the industry and has worked with some of the leading corporates as ICRA Limited, Religare Securities Limited, Infosys, Bennett Coleman & Co Limited, and Modi Telstra. She has been associated with B-schools as MDI, IMI as a visiting faculty, and IMT-Ghaziabad. Her teaching areas are Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations, Corporate Restructuring and M&A, Credit Risk Analysis and Management. She has to her credit several publications in national and international journals and has presented research papers in national and international conferences. She has also undertaken management development programs in Project Financing, spreadsheet modeling for M&A, and credit risk modeling.
Her research interest areas are business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, credit risk, bankruptcy prediction.
Credit rating, business valuations,insolvency and bankruptcy
1) Gupta, V. (2020) HDFC Bank: CAMLES Analysis and Discounted Cash Flow Analysis published by Richard Ivey, February 2020; 9B20N006
2) Gupta, V. (2019) Valuation of RBL Bank: Residual Income Method published at Case Centre, (earlier European Case Clearing House) April, 2019https://www.thecasecentre.org 119-0026-1
3) Gupta, V. (2019) Evaluating the accuracy of valuation multiples on Indian firms using Regularization Techniques of Penalized Regression, published in Theoretical Economics Letters, 2019, 9, 180-209 February, 2019
4) Gupta, V. (2018) Sum of the Parts Valuation of ITC Limited published at the European Case Clearing House (Case Center), April 2018 https://www.thecasecentre.org ,118-0024-1
5) Gupta, V. (2018) Predicting accuracy of valuation multiples using value drivers: Evidence from Indian listed firms Theoretical Economics Letters, 2018, 8, 755-772 March, 2018
6) Gupta, V. (2018) Open Market repurchases and Signaling Hypothesis, Theoretical Economics Letters, 2018, 8, 592-608
7) Gupta, V. (2017) Factors Determining the Dividend Policy of a Company Abhigyan, Vol. 35 No.3, October- December 2017
8) Gupta, V. (2017) Identifying Key Predictors of Default for Indian Companies using Cox Regression International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research Volume 4, Issue 2 pp97-111
9) Gupta, V. (2014) An Empirical Analysis of Default Prediction Models: Evidence from lndian Listed Companies: The Journal of Prediction Markets Vol 8 No 3 pp1-23
10) Gupta, V. (2014) Amtek Auto’s Acquisition of Neumayer Tekfor Group: Case Study of Cross Border M&A between India and Italy. Working Paper 2014/12 August, 2014. Fore School of Management
11) Gupta, V. (2014), “An Empirical Analysis of Default Risk for Listed Companies in India: A Comparison of Two Prediction Models”, International Journal of Business and Management Vol 9 No.9; August 2014
12) Gupta, V., Mittal, R.K. and Bhalla, V.K. (2010), “Role of The Credit Rating Agencies in The Financial Market Crisis”, Journal of Development and Agricultural Economics, Vol 2(7), July 2010
FORE School of Management has been designing, developing and conducting innovative Executive Education (EE)/ Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for working executives in India for over three decades.